Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Alma Route: Day 1, Afternoon, Library

"Anri coming to the library was such a novelty that Chloe made her way over to her."

Chloe
"Anri, got a sec?"

Anri
"Certainly. Have I ever refused an invitation from you?"

Chloe
"I would prefer it if you tried not to make little speeches like that around here."

Chloe
"But whatever. ...You, there's talk about Anne-Shirley Bancroft being up to something strange. Know anything?"

Anri
"If there's ever been talk about Anne-Shirley not doing something strange, I've never heard it."

Chloe
"...Sorry, seems that's not enough to go by."

Chloe
"What I should have said was, in short, she has been going around to the locations involved in the incident and doing something, or at least that's what the rumors are saying."

Anri
"'This incident', meaning the recent rapes, right?"

Chloe
"Yeah."

Anri
"She's trying to help prove my innocence because of what I asked... do you think?"

"Anne-Shirley's eccentricities were well known. She didn't need to do much more than stand around to start rumors about her suspicious activity."

Anri
"What kind of strange things is she doing?"

Chloe
"The same as usual, it seems... muttering to herself, saying weird things."

Anri
"Aa-ah."

Chloe
"She hasn't caused any trouble here in the library, for which I grateful, but...."

Chloe
"Wouldn't it be better for her to be more careful? She wouldn't draw as much attention if she stayed out of sight."

Anri
"I see, thank you. I'll go talk to Anne-Shirley."

"Anri nodded at Chloe."

Anri
"By the way, Chloe, you free right now?"

Chloe
"I'm busy. Later."

Anri
"...."

Anri
"I guess I should go see someone else."

No comments: